Translate

Thursday, 1 May 2014

Original art from Monica Castillo

I haven't blogged here for quite a while so a post is long overdue!

This post isn't about comics but stays with art. Recently I received a beautiful gift from Monica Castillo in sunny Barcelona, a picture called 'Hello Spring'.



I love her style and the colors are much more vibrant than this photograph shows. There's a lot of detail along with some very fine line work and the colors blend beautifully!

Monica is multi-talented, not only does she create great pictures she is also a superb miniaturist, making tiny furniture and food that really does look good enough to eat! Monica has a blog where she shows all her latest work, you can see it here! It's well worth a look!

If you like what you see Monica also sells her lovely miniature creations too! You can find her shop here!

Thank you so much Monica, it's a wonderful gift!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Brian!, thanks for your beautiful and kind words, that's why you do not deserve less. This illustration has been made exclusively for you, to brighten up your day every time you see her. Again thank you very much for your words and your support is very important. A big kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Monica! I'm proud to own one of your pictures, it makes me smile every time I see it!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  2. Hi Brian, I was recently introduced to this blog of yours, after being a long-time grateful follower of your Lego blog. Monica sent you a really gorgeous piece of art! She is so talented and so generous. Congratulations on your wonderful gift! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Welcome to my little comic blog!
      Monica really is a talented person, I feel honored to have some of her original work! As sad as it sounds, this is why I love the blog world so much. People like Monica and you and so many others are much nicer than the people I know in real life!! Must go and hide under my rock now!!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  3. What a Gorgeous and Well Deserved Gift - You really do bring so much Sunshine into all of our lives, and Monica created such a Beautiful tribute to this for you - Thank you for sharing this Beauty with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiggy! Thanks for your kind words, it really does mean a lot to me that people I have never met can be so kind and generous! The wonders of technology (when it works!!) mean I can communicate with wonderful people like you, Monica, Jennifer and all the others who I would have never known. It brightens up my life and I hope I can do the same for other people too!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete