Translate

Monday, 28 October 2013

Bronze Age Super-Heroes on eBay October/November 2013

Just a quick post to show some Silver Age comics I've just put on eBay. Auctions finish on November 4th so if you're interested, here's a link to my listings page!

Action Comics 400. Adventure Comics 408, Batman 224
Amazing Spider-Man 135, Avengers 90
Spider-Man 135 has the second full appearance of the Punisher who went on to become one of Marvel's hottest characters in the 1990's. I'm sad to see this go but lack of space and money means it's time to rationalize. Darn it!!
None of these are in great condition, they've been lovingly read many times over the years, sadly they weren't stored all that well! See my eBay listings for grades and other information.
Good luck if you're thinking of bidding. All money raised goes to a good cause. (Me!!) 


7 comments:

  1. You always display these so beautifully that it makes me want to learn more about every comic. They all look so interesting - Love the Superman quote to his son - Yipes ~ LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Tiggy! Oddly enough most people seem to know more about the artists / writers than the stories, I'm the opposite! I'm also interested in the histories of the series. I'm probably a bit of a nerd really! ☺ Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  2. You are Very Welcome Brian - I think you bring so much enthusiasm and interest to these comics, and helping us learn more about them - Thats not nerdy - Its Brilliant! LuV, TiGGy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Tiggy! I just wish I could spend longer on my blogs, real life takes up way too much time! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  3. Dying to ask your opinion - We saw "Man of Steel" as of course Zephyr Fidelia is a Huge Superman fan so the whole crew watched it here. We loved it, but read that many who cherish the comic book values were upset by the film - what did you think of it - have you seen it yet? I am so curious as to how it set with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiggy! I have to admit I haven't seen it! I know from past experience comic book fans have a pet hate of a characters origin and personality being messed with and altered for a film. It has happened with every single film I've seen yet, from Spider-Man to the Punisher, Batman to Superman, Spawn to Hellboy. Personally I just enjoy the film, as long as it has a good plot I don't care too much about how the writer / director has messed with the characters or their origins. I must try and make time to see the film though! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  4. Very thoughtful and insightful take on this. I am a Star Trek TOS fan and actually am enjoying the reboot despite its of course having upset many who don't like the alternate timeline, but like you I just do enjoy seeing them come alive on screen, even with changes (though I Really wish they didnt blow up the ship in EverY Movie!) Dying to hear what you think of Man of Steel! Cheers on the Beautiful Comics!

    ReplyDelete