Translate

Thursday, 31 January 2013

King Kona Crime Cases!

That actually almost sounds like a comic title!! It's been a while since I posted anything on my collection so now I'll try and be a bit more industrious and a teeny bit more regular...
Three different genres again, crime, humor and fantasy, covering three decades. I like to mix it up a bit!

Kerry Drake Detective Cases # 29 -  December 1951 - Harvey
Titled 'Crime Cases' on the cover just to confuse things a little!
The title ran for 33 issues including the first comic which was issued
the 'A-1 Comics' banner.
King Comics #105 - January 1945 - David McKay Co.
This title ran from 1936 to 1952 and featured such greats as Popeye,
Blondie, the Lone Ranger, Flash Gordon, the Phantom and many other strips.
Sadly my copy is in pretty poor condition, as you can probably tell!
Kona #8 - October 1963 - Dell
Kona lasted for 20 issues plus it's unofficial #1 printed under the 'Four Color' title.
This is another one of those titles I'd never heard of until I saw it
on eBay, so I had to have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment