Translate

Saturday, 22 December 2012

Jace Pearson the Impact Informer!

Okay that was probably the most forced title I've ever done!
Horror, crime and western themes this time with three great oldies from three companies, two well known, one not at the forefront of peoples minds when they think of bygone comic book publishers.
This will probably be my last post until after the 25th of December, so Seasons Greetings to everyone!

Impact #1 - March / April 1955 - EC
This 5-issue run started and finished in 1955, obviously the title
didn't have as much an impact as EC had hoped!
This is one of the very few EC comics I own!

The Informer #2 - June 1954 - Feature Television Productions
Another 5-issue run, this time during 1954.
I have a couple of issues with this cover. Firstly what kind of bullets
is the bad guy firing if they cause smoke when they hit something?
How come you can still see the white of the nurses eye?
I demand to know!!!

Jace Pearson of the Texas Rangers #3 - August / October 1953 - Dell
The title eventually had 20 issues if you count the ones issued under
the 'Four Color' banner.
I think this might possibly be one of the earliest western comics I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment