Translate

Friday, 3 August 2012

August 3rd 2012 - My collection part 9

Welcome to my next sampling of the pick of my collection.

Some classic Atlas fantasy, my first 1950's comic and the rarest comic I own are in this little lot!

Mystery Tales #26 - Atlas - February 1955 - From the  'golden age'  of Atlas
Comics. This is my favorite genre of comic books.

Out of this World #7 - Charlton - February 1958 - The first 1950's comic book
I owned. I believe this was also my first Steve Ditko cover.

Shadow Comics Volume 2 #2 - Street and Smith - January 1942 - The Overstreet
guide classes this comic as 'rare', Their definition of rare is ' 10 to 20 comics
estimated to exist '  Wow! The thought there might only be me and a couple of
dozen other people in the world with this comic is quite sobering! The
condition is not great but it is still one of my most valuable comic books.

No comments:

Post a Comment